100ml cacao powder
6ml baking soda
5ml baking powder
375ml (1½c) sugar
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°C. Prepare 2 large cake tins
2, sift flour, cacao, baking soda and baking powder together.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar to light. Add the mayonnaise and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add half of the flour to the egg mixture. Fold it in.
5. Fold the rest of the flour alternatively with the water into the mixture.
6. Pour into the cake tins. Bake for ± 30min or until cake is done.
125 ml butter
250 ml icing sugar
5 ml vanilla
15 ml water
( For chocolate icing: sift 30ml cocoa powder with the icing sugar)
Mix all ingredients well.