Short Crust Pasrty
500ml cake flour
4ml baking powder
160ml butter/margarine (not ice cold)
a few drops of water if necessary
Mix flour, baking powder and salt
Rub butter into dry ingredients
Beat egg and cut into flour mixture until dough holds together
Roll out pastry with a lightly floured rolling pin on a floured surface until quite thin (5mm) and place in quiche/cake tin.
1 Onion, chopped
200 g Baby Spinach, cooked and water pressed out
250 g Cream Cheese
1 butternut, slices in thin slices
Garlic flavoured oil for drizzling
Spices: Ground Cumin, Paprika, Chilli, Corriander and Cinnamon
1 can Chick peas, drained
20 Sundried Tomatoes, soaked, finely chopped
250 ml Motzarella, grated
125 ml Cream
Set oven to 180°C
1. Fry onion until golden brown.
2. Mix butternut with oil and spices, bake for 15 minutes until just soft.
3. Mix cooked spinach and cream cheese, season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix eggs and cream and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place ½ of cooked onions at bottom of lined cake tin.
6. Layer ½ of the spinach, chickpeas, tomatoes, butternut and cheese.
7. Repeat the other ½ of the ingredients.
8. Mix eggs and cream and pour over vegetables
9. Roll out a circle and place on top , fold edges of rest of dough over.
10. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and egg is cooked.