250 ml Boiling water
15 ml Vinegar
380 g Bread flour
60 ml Sugar
10 g Instant Yeast
180 ml Milk
60 ml Butter/ Lemon flavoured oil
2,5 ml Salt
15 ml Aniseed
2,5 ml Vanilla
1. Colouring eggs: Mix boiling water, vinegar and food colouring. Pour into a tall glass container.
2. Carefully drop eggs into colour mixture. Let sit for about 5 min. Take out and let dry. Heat Oven to 200°C
3. Bread: Mix flour, sugar, salt together. Add yeast and mix in.
4. Slowly melt butter in milk. Add milk mixture, egg, aniseeds and Vanilla to flour mixture.
5. Mix until a soft dough. Turn to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
6. Place in a clean bowl and cover. Let rise until double the volume.
7. Punch down and divide into 3 sections.
8. Roll into 40 cm long snakes.
9. Place the 3 strands together and braid it. Bring the two ends together to create a crown.
10. Brush eggs with a little oil and nestle into braid.
11. Place on floured baking tray and bake for 20 min of until golden brown and cooked.