3 cups (450g) Self-raising flour
pinch of salt 1 cup (250ml) Cream 1 cup (250ml) Sprite lemonade egg wash
Yield: 15 scones
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the flour, salt, cream and lemonade in a bowl and mix until just combined. **Do not over mix, it will make the scones dense. The dough should be soft and fairly sticky.
3. On a floured surface gently pat the dough down to 2cm thickness.
4. Use a 6cm round cutter to cut the scones. (You can use a glass if you don’t have a cutter)
5. Flour the cutter/glass in between scones so that the dough doesn't stick.
6. Brush the tops lightly with egg wash.
7. Place the scones on a lined baking sheet, slightly touching each other (they help each other rise) and bake for 12 to 18 minutes until golden.
8. Allow to cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream and jam. ENJOY!
500 ml Fresh raspberries, mashed
500 ml Sugar
1 Slowly melt sugar and berries over low heat.
2 When sugar is dissolved boil until thick and jam like consistency.
3 Pour into sterilized containers and enjoy.