45 ml cornstarch
60 ml granulated sugar
Pinch Oryx Dessert fine salt
500 ml milk
5 ml vanilla, clear if possible
1. Mix the cornstarch, sugar, and salt with 60ml cup of cold milk.
2. In a small pot, heat the remaining milk over low heat (Do not boil!).
3. While whisking, slowly add the cold milk mixture to the heated milk, stirring constantly, in a heavy bottomed pan or a double boiler.
4. Continue to cook over low heat, whisking constantly, for 15 minutes until the raw taste of the cornstarch disappears and it thickens.
It will thicken all at once at the end of the cooking time.
5. Add the vanilla. Pour into moulds and let cool.
6. Cover and refrigetate