2 Onions, large
25 ml B-Well sauté oil
250 ml Milk
2 Slices of bread, thick
30 ml Curry Powder
5 ml Turmeric
20 ml Apricot jam
75 g Seeded raisins
10 ml Desert Salt
3 ml Pepper
15 ml Chutney
2 Bay leaves or Lemon Leaves
1. Sauté the onion in oil. If raw meat is used, fry the meat and onion together in the oil until the meat is slightly cooked and loose.
2. Soak the bread in half of the milk and mash with a fork.
3. Mix the meat with all the ingredients (except the eggs, 125ml milk, and the lemon leaves or bay leaves) Use a fork for mixing and work lightly.
4. Turn the mixture into a casserole but do not press it down.
5. Push in a bay leave or lemon leaf here and there.
6. Bake in a moderate oven 180ºC for 30 min, or until golden brown.
7. Make the custard by beating the eggs and 125ml milk together. Pour over the meat, lifting it slightly with a fork to allow the mixture to run in and bake until brown.
20-30 Springroll pastry sheets
2 egg whites
1L B-Well ,Fry Well deep frying oil
Place springroll wrapper on working surface so that it looks like a diamond shape
Place bobotie mixture at bottom tip and roll until halfway in pastry. Brush with egg whites
Fold left and right sides inwards, brush again with egg whites.
Roll rest of cigar until pastry is finished. Brush again with egg white so that pastry is secure.
Serve with tomato salsa and Chutney.