2 Red Onions, in half-moon rings
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 cm Fresh Ginger, minced
5 ml Smoked Paprika
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
5 ml Castor Sugar
To Taste Salt
1 Bay leaf
3 ml thyme
250 ml Bo Plaas Tinta Barocca red wine
3 Fresh Tomato
2 Red sweet peppers
1 Jalapeno Pepper
4-6 Hake fillets, defrosted, cut into 3 cm pieces
12-16 Prawns, deveined
1. Heat oil in a large pan and fry onions until soft, add garlic and ginger and fry until aromatic.
2. Add all the spices and fry. Season with sugar and salt to taste.
3. De-glaze the pan with the Bo Plaas Tinta Barocca. Let boil.
4. Add tomatoes, red pepper and Jalapeno in a food Processor and blend until smooth. Add to red wine pan.
5. Let mixture boil until thickened and reduced. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
6. Pour mixture into an oven proof dish, Add prawns and hake on top of mixture.
7. Bake for 10 minutes until fish is cooked.
8. Serve with fresh crusty bread.