15ml vegetable oil or olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped or grated
1.5 litres chicken stock or water
500g roasted butternut
15ml Fresh cream
1. Heat up the oil in a medium pot.
2. Add the onion, celery and carrot. Season and cook until it's softened and slightly golden.
3. Add the stock and bring to the boil for a few minutes.
4. Reduce the heat and add the roasted butternut and process with a hand-held blender (or in a food processor) until smooth.
5. Season to taste and serve with bread and fresh cream.