500 ml sweet potato, peeled and cut in cubes
125 ml Cheddar cheese, grated
Salt to taste
1. Cook sweet potatoes until soft. Mash fine with a potato masher.
2. Add the eggs and to the sweet potatoes and mix together until a smooth consistency. Add salt to taste.
3. Pre-heat the waffle pan. Use spray and cook or a non-stick oil spray on the pan. Spoon the mixture onto the pan. Use a ladle to ensure that your waffles are the same size.
4. Bake the waffle until golden brown. Remove the waffle and place it on a cooling rack to ensure that it does not get wet or sweat.
5. Waffles can be served immediately with various condiments and toppings.
6. You can store your waffles in a Zip-lock bag. Ensure that the air is removed before putting it in the freezer.
· If you do not have a waffle pan, any other frying pan can be used.
· You can replace the 3 eggs with 2 eggs and 2 egg whites.