150 g Cake flour
2,5 ml Baking powder
65 ml Castor sugar
75 g Cold Butter/Margarine
½ Lemon, Zested
1. Combine flour, baking powder and castor sugar. Rub in the cold butter until crumbly texture.
2. Add the egg and lemon zest and knead to bring dough together.
3. Roll the dough to 3mm thickness and line a 24 cm pie dish with the pastry. Keep aside in the fridge.
5 Large egg yolks
100g Castor sugar
30 g flour
600 ml milk
1 lemon, zest peeled into strips
30 ml Pine nuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Mix yolks, castor sugar and flour together until there are no more lumps.
2. Add zest peels to milk and bring to the boil.
3. Slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture.
4. Pour back into the pot and keep stirring to prevent lumps.
5. Bring to the boil for a few seconds and then take off the heat.
6. Pour custard into the lined pie dish and sprinkle with pine nuts.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow tart to cool down completely before dusting with icing sugar and serving it.