150 ml Milk
1. Heat up the milk and butter until look warm and all the butter is melted. In a large bowl,
combine it with yeast. Stir lightly and let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes
2. Add flour, sugar and egg to bowl and mix until combine. Transfer to a well-floured surface
and gently knead it until smooth (about 10mins).
3. Grease a large bowl with a little oil. Transfer the dough to the bowl and cover. Let rise at
room temperature until it doubles in size (about one hour)
4. Once doubled in size, turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface, and roll about 2cm
thickness. Cut out the doughnuts with a doughnut cutter/ round cookie cutter or a drink
glass. Knead any scraps together and let rest for a few minutes before repeating the process.
5. Place the cut doughnuts on a floured baking sheet and leave to finale proof for about
6. In a large pot add oil and place over medium heat.
7. Once oil is ready, carefully add the doughnuts to the oil. Once the bottom is a deep golden
brown colour, flip and brown the other side. Remove from oil once all sides are browned.
8. Glaze and serve as soon as possible.