1 x 20 cm tart
250 ml flour
30 ml Sugar
5 ml Baking powder
2,5 ml Salt
100 g butter
30 ml Lemon flavoured canola oil
30 ml cream
5 plums, but into 1/8
2,5 ml Cinnamon
1 ml ground ginger
1 ml ground nutmeg
125 ml cream
125 ml sugar
5 ml vanilla
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper
2. Mix spices and sliced plums together. Keep aside.
3. Cream butter, oil and sugar together.
4. Add flour, baking powder, salt to butter mixture.
5. Add egg and cream to flour mixture. Mix until just blended. No not over mix!
6 Pour into cake tin. Add plums and press lightly to fit snugly into dough.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes
8. Custard: mix everything together. Pour over plum cake and return to oven for another 15-20 or until egg is set.
9. Cool down to room temperature and served with whipped cream.