Chef Megan Smith
15ml ground coriander
15ml ground cumin
15ml Portuguese chicken spice
1kg chicken breast
1kg lamb kidney fat
100g mushrooms, chopped
100g green pepper, chopped
100g onion, finely chopped
5ml fine garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all the dry spices in one bowl.
2. Cut the chicken breasts horizontally to create a pocket for the filling.
3. Roll the chicken breast in the spices.
4. Fry the onion, green pepper, mushroom, and garlic in oil, until soften. Leave to cool.
5. Stuff the chicken breast with the fried mixture. Make sure the breast is not overfilled.
6. Use the lamb kidney fat to wrap the chicken breast, any excess fat can be cut off.
7. Fry the chicken breast in a pan without oil until golden brown on both sides. Ensure your chicken breast is well cooked bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 180°C.