1 Onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2cm Fresh Ginger, grated
7ml Curry Powder
Pinch chili flakes
125 ml Sugar
125 ml Rice Vinegar
1 Plum in pieces
2 Nectarines cut into pieces.
Water to prevent mixture from cooking dry
Salt and pepper
1. Fry onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
2. Add Curry powder and chili and fry until fragrant.
3. Add rest of the ingredients and bring to a slow simmer
4. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until fruits are disintegrating.
5. Blend until fine with a stick blender.
6. Keep in a sealed bottle for basting
2 Pork Fillets, cut into blocks
1 Red pepper, cut into blocks
2 Nectarines, cut into blocks
1. Pierce red pepper, pork and nectarine on a skewer.
2. Fry in a pan/braai
3. Baste with stone fruit basting, while frying, until pork is cooked.